Welcome to URBN Dental, your premier dental clinic in Houston, TX! If you have a missing tooth or multiple missing teeth, you may be wondering about your options for dental bridges. Dental bridges are an effective and affordable solution to replace missing teeth and restore your smile. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about dental bridges in Houston, TX, including the types of dental bridges, dental bridge cost, and more.
What are Dental Bridges?
Dental bridges are prosthetic devices that are used to replace missing teeth. A dental bridge is made up of one or more false teeth, called pontics, that are attached to adjacent teeth or dental implants. The adjacent teeth, also known as abutment teeth, act as anchors for the dental bridge. Dental bridges can be made of various materials such as porcelain, gold, or alloys.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are different types of dental bridges, each with its own unique benefits. The type of dental bridge that is right for you will depend on your individual dental needs and budget. The most common types of dental bridges include:
- Traditional Dental Bridges: A traditional dental bridge is the most common type of dental bridge. It involves creating a crown for the tooth or implant on either side of the gap left by the missing tooth, and a false tooth, or pontic, in between. Traditional bridges are made of porcelain fused to metal or porcelain bands.
- Cantilever Bridges: A cantilever bridge is similar to a traditional dental bridge, but it is used when there are teeth on only one side of the gap left by the missing tooth. Cantilever bridges are not recommended for replacing front teeth because they can put too much force on the supporting teeth and damage them.
- Maryland Dental Bridges: A Maryland dental bridge, also known as a resin-bonded bridge, is a conservative alternative to traditional bridges. It consists of a false tooth with metal or porcelain wings that are bonded to the adjacent teeth. Maryland bridges are a good option for replacing front teeth because they do not require removing healthy tooth structure.
- Implant-Supported Bridges: An implant-supported bridge is a more permanent solution for replacing multiple missing teeth. It involves placing dental implants in the jawbone to support the bridge. Implant-supported bridges are more expensive than traditional bridges, but they offer better stability and longevity.
Temporary vs. Permanent Bridges
A dental bridge can be temporary or permanent. A temporary bridge is used to protect the exposed teeth and gums while a permanent bridge is being made. A permanent bridge, on the other hand, is a long-term solution that can last up to 15 years with proper care and maintenance.
Dental Bridge Cost
The cost of a dental bridge depends on several factors, including the type of bridge, the number of missing teeth, and the location of the dental clinic. At URBN Dental, we offer affordable dental bridges to our patients in Houston, TX. We also accept most dental insurance plans, and our knowledgeable staff can help you navigate your dental insurance coverage to ensure you get the most out of your benefits.
Dental Crown and Bridge Procedure
The dental crown and bridge procedure typically takes two to three appointments. During the first appointment, the dentist will prepare the supporting teeth for the dental bridge by removing a portion of the enamel to make room for the crown. The dentist will also take impressions of your teeth to create a custom-made dental bridge that fits your mouth perfectly.
During the second appointment, the dentist will place the temporary bridge while the permanent bridge is being made. The dentist will also make any necessary adjustments to ensure a proper fit. Finally, during the third appointment, the permanent bridge will be cemented into place, and the dentist will make sure that your bite is comfortable and functional.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
There are many benefits to getting a dental bridge to replace missing teeth. Some of these benefits include:
- Restored Functionality: Dental bridges can restore your ability to chew and speak properly, improving your quality of life.
- Improved Aesthetics: Dental bridges can improve the appearance of your smile and give you a more youthful and natural-looking appearance.
- Preservation of Remaining Teeth: Dental bridges can prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of place, which can cause further dental problems.
- Improved Oral Health: Dental bridges can help you maintain good oral hygiene by making it easier to brush and floss your teeth properly.
- Cost-Effective: Dental bridges are an affordable solution for replacing missing teeth, and they can last for many years with proper care and maintenance.
Maintaining Your Dental Bridge
To ensure the longevity of your dental bridge, it is important to maintain good oral hygiene practices. This includes brushing your teeth twice a day, flossing daily, and visiting your dentist regularly for check-ups and cleanings.
It is also important to avoid eating hard or sticky foods that can damage your dental bridge. You should also avoid chewing on ice or using your teeth to open packages or bottles, as this can put too much pressure on your dental bridge and cause it to break or become loose.
If you experience any problems with your dental bridge, such as pain, discomfort, or difficulty chewing, you should contact your dentist immediately. Your dentist can evaluate the problem and recommend the appropriate course of action.
Choosing the Right Dentist for Your Dental Bridge
Choosing the right dentist to perform your dental bridge procedure is essential for ensuring the best possible outcome. At URBN Dental, we have a team of experienced and skilled dentists who are dedicated to providing our patients with the highest level of care and attention.
We offer a range of dental bridge options to meet the unique needs and preferences of each of our patients. We also use the latest dental technology and techniques to ensure that your dental bridge is comfortable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing.
If you are interested in getting a dental bridge to replace missing teeth, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists. We can evaluate your dental health and recommend the best treatment options for you based on your individual needs and budget.
Dental bridges are an effective and affordable solution for replacing missing teeth and restoring your smile. At URBN Dental, we offer a range of dental bridge options to meet the unique needs of each of our patients. We also provide affordable dental bridge cost and accept most dental insurance plans. If you are interested in getting a dental bridge in Houston, TX, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced dentists today.