DENTAL VENEERS NEAR ME
Veneers Houston TX
Veneers, normally referred to as dental veneers, dental porcelain laminates, or porcelain veneers, are bespoke, wafer-thin shells of tooth-colored materials specially designed to cover up the front and side surface of the natural tooth to improve its appearance.
Dental Veneers are mostly bonded onto the tooth surface using a series of in-office procedures to change its color, length, size, and shape. Dental veneers are usually made from either porcelain or resin composite materials. However, the porcelain type is stronger, more efficient, and resists stains better than the resin type. More so, the porcelain veneers mimic the light-reflecting properties of the natural tooth better than the resin veneers.
However, you may need to consult your best dentist for veneers near me to discuss your choice of material. Typically, Dental veneers are useful treatment options in cosmetic dentistry for the following dental conditions:
- Teeth with unnecessary gaps and spaces between them.
- Severely Discoloured Teeth
- Worn-out or worn down Teeth
- Chipped, broken, or cracked tooth
- Misaligned, irregular shaped or uneven teeth, etc.
Before you decide whether veneer treatment options are the right cosmetic dentistry for you, you must have the necessary information about them.
Why Are Veneers Used In Cosmetic Dentistry?
Dental Veneers are less intrusive dental treatment options than dental crowns and braces. Dental veneers near me can also close spaces and gaps between teeth or correct small misalignments. However, they are mostly used to correct dental issues like a chip or cracks, fractures, and severe discoloration, straighten and improve their smile, and enhance their teeth’ brightness.
Though porcelain and composite types are the common types of conventional veneers, porcelain veneers are the most commonly used conventional veneers. Porcelain veneers are the most preferred for correcting dental issues of color and shape. They can last for about 10 to 20 years and veneers cost houston about $800 to $2,000 for a single tooth, though this depends on factors like the geographical location of the patient, the size, and difficulty of the dental case, etc.
According to a survey conducted by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry in 2017, the average veneers cost houston was $1,313 for a single tooth.
The procedure requires about 1 or 2 dental appointments. For instance, if the veneer is prefabricated, it normally requires only 1 dental appointment, but if the dental laboratory is creating them, then it would require 2 appointments. The placement highlighted below will focus on the porcelain type created in the dental laboratory:
- Although the procedures do not require local anesthesia, local anesthesia may be used based on the patient’s sensitivity. The dentist would first need to clean the tooth surface and determine the right color shade for the porcelain veneer. The dentist will remove a small amount of the tooth enamel to allow sufficient space to attach them on the tooth.
- The next step involves making an impression of the natural tooth for the dental laboratory. A temporary veneer is then placed on the ground tooth with a spot etching in the center of the tooth away from the sidelines.
- Once the porcelain veneer is done in the dental laboratory and delivered to the dentist, the dentist will remove the temporary veneer, clean the natural tooth surface with pumice and water. The porcelain veneer is etched, thoroughly rinsed with water and air dried. Adhesive and the cement are added to the prepared tooth and then the veneer is placed to fit properly.
- The porcelain veneer is light-cured for about 1 minute on all surfaces so as to attach it firmly to the tooth surface.
- Finally, the dentist will get rid of any excess material if any and polish the sidelines of the porcelain veneer.
Most dentists usually schedule a follow-up dental visit for their patients to check how comfortable they are with them. Mind you, only comfortable porcelain veneers last for a long time.
Care for Veneers
Actually, they requires no special dental care. However, following good oral hygiene practices, such as brushing and flossing as you would do to your natural teeth, and rinsing the mouth with an antiseptic mouthwash is vital to your oral health. Brush and floss properly at least thrice daily using a non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste.
Though porcelain type are resistant to stains, it is recommended that you avoid as much as possible stain-causing beverages and foods, such as red wine, tea, coffee, etc. Hence, after undergoing a veneer procedure, consider limiting your consumption of coffee and other foods that can stain your veneer.
Also note that irrespective of how well you care for them, you will still need to replace them at some point in time. However, proper dental hygiene practices will help them to last longer.
What Are The Alternatives To Veneers?
There are alternatives to veneers, including dental crowns and bonding. Lumineers is yet an advance option over traditional veneers. Lumineers offers a very nice alternative treatment. Patients who want to change the shape of their teeth just like it is done in bonding can consider veneers, though dental crowns are a much stronger and better option.
Does Your Insurance Plan Cover The veneers cost Houston?
You must check with your insurance provider to know if you are covered for veneers procedures. Most times, dental insurance providers do not provide any coverage for veneers procedures.
Shortcomings of Veneers
Though veneers have several benefits, which include easy whitening of your teeth and brightening of your smile, fixing of minor cosmetic problems, and replacing damaged tooth enamel, etc. they also have a few shortcomings such as
This occurs because the dentist will remove a small amount of the tooth enamel to allow enough room for the veneer to stay. This normally makes the patient feel high sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, which inconvenient and uncomfortable.
The procedures are an irreversible one because, during placing of them, the dentist would need to change the structure of the natural tooth to place the veneer properly. This alteration is permanent and the patient would have to use veneers continuously.
However, the treatment option is an affordable and excellent way to hide chipped, cracked, crooked, discolored, or damaged teeth.
If you’re considering dental veneers near me treatment options, consult the best veneers dentist near me or any qualified dentist near you to know every part of the veneers procedures and the total cost involved. Remember, having a beautiful smile would make you feel great and can increase your well-being, confidence, and income.