Dental Teeth Cleaning
Dental Teeth Cleaning Houston Open Saturday
A professional dental teeth cleaning, otherwise referred to as dental prophylaxis is carried out by a trained hygienist. It consists of plaque (a film of bacteria with a sticky feel) removal and also the removal of calculus or tartar with the aid of special instruments made for the purpose. Plaque and calculus can often time occur just above and below the gum line and this can result in gingivitis ( inflammation of the gums). When the gums are inflamed, a more severe form of gum disease known as periodontitis can begin to develop. This is the major reason why it is very important to get a professional dental cleaning in order to avoid all these potential problems and those that could arise in the future as well, such as tooth decay.
By the time your visit to the dentist has ended, your teeth will be polished so that any form of stain which might have been building up over time will be totally taken out.
After your dental cleaning has been completed, your dentist will further examine your teeth. An X-ray will be taken and will be thoroughly checked and observed so that any dental issues such as tooth decay, cysts, tumors, bone loss or infections can be accordingly detected. Also, an oral cancer screening is carried out on the head and neck by the dentist to check if there are any cancerous lesions or suspicious bumps. Some even go as far as checking the gums and bones surrounding the teeth for periodontitis or gingivitis. Previous restorations including bridges, crowns or fillings are also checked so any possible fractures or maybe decay can be detected.
Dental Teeth Cleaning Service Houston Open Saturday
By cooperating with your dentist, they can strive to make sure your natural teeth will be preserved. This is done by carrying out preventive measures to ensure that the beginning, progression, and recurrence of oral conditions and diseases are tackled to prevent them from causing damage to your teeth.
This is why it is recommended that you pay a regular visit to your dentist so that a routine check-up and cleaning can be carried out for you. All information and update that you will need will be relayed to you by your dentist so that you can confidently make decisions that affect your dental health as you do so.
In order to prevent dental conditions, you will have to see your dentist on regular basis for routine examination on your teeth. Some of these routine exams Include:
- A well rounded oral examination
- Intraoral Video which allows you to have a vision of what the dentist sees
- Use of a miniature camera to provide a photo presentation of your teeth
- Examination of your gum tissue to detect signs of periodontal disease
- Blood pressure measurement
- Screening for oral cancer
- Dental cleaning and flossing
- Teeth scaling
- BPA-Free Dental Sealants
Personal Dental Hygiene
You should know that good personal oral hygiene practices will help in no small way to prevent dental diseases and conditions. Your dentist will surely give you dental hygiene tips and guide you on the proper way to maintain good oral hygiene practices. The world of today is fast-paced and as such, it may not really be easy to maintain a hygiene regimen that is consistent but it is very important that you have and maintaining a solid personal hygiene routine. Some of the things you could do to keep your teeth strong and healthy include:
- Brushing of the teeth at least twice daily
- Floss daily
- Rinse your mouth with a fluoride mouthwash
- Provide protection for your teeth against grinding and chomping
- Reduce intake of unhealthy foods that can cause damage the teeth to a minimal level
Expert Fluoride Treatment
One type of preventive method against dental diseases is fluoride treatment. There are different types of fluoride treatment methods which can be used to fortify the enamel of the teeth. Fluoride occurs naturally as it is a natural mineral. In nature, it can be found in drinking water. But an expert or professional application can serve as an immense contribution to the achievement of excellent oral health. If you have any of the following tendencies, then an expert fluoride treatment may be just what you need:
- Exhibit poor dental hygiene practices
- Experience dry mouth commonly
- Development of small cracks in the tooth enamel
- If you have not had a regular exam for a prolonged time period
- Have other health conditions which can have a negative effect on the teeth
- Are at a risk for decay
Dental sealants that are BPA free are also a good measure for preventing dental conditions such as cavities from reoccurring. Most people recommend dental sealants for young patients generally. However, they can also be recommended for adult patients who have a tendency for developing cavities repeatedly. Dental sealants can have the following benefits for you:
- Protect your teeth from the development of cavities
- Placing it requires a minimally invasive procedure
- It is not as expensive as having to fix a tooth
- It is made of a clear or slightly colored material which matches tooth color seamlessly.