Same Day Dental Crowns Near Me in Houston
Same Day Dental crowns, which are tooth-shaped caps, are usually placed over the teeth. They are a covering for the tooth to restore its shape, strength, and size of the tooth while also enhancing its appearance at the same time. When the crowns are cemented firmly into place, they cover the entire portion of the tooth that’s visible, which lie at and also above the gum line.
Why May You Need Same Day Dental Crowns Near Me in Houston?
Several situations may require you to fix a crown. Some of these include;
- For the protection of a weak tooth (for example, from decay) from breaking or for holding parts of a cracked tooth together
- Restoration of a tooth that is already or a tooth that has worn down severely
- To provide support and cover for a tooth that has a large filling in a case where there isn’t a lot of teeth left
- To provide support by holding a dental bridge in place
- To serve as covering for severely discolored or misshapen teeth
- Serve as cover for a dental implant
- It can be used also to provide a cosmetic modification
In the cases of little children, a crown may be used on primary (baby) teeth in order to:
- Save a decayed tooth that has been severely damaged to an extent where it can’t support a filling.
- Serve as a form of protection for the teeth of a child with a high risk of getting a decayed tooth, especially when a child finds it difficult to keep up with daily oral hygiene.
- Decrease the frequency of general anesthesia in the case of children who are because of age, behavior, or medical history unable to cooperate fully with the requirements of proper dental
A stainless steel crown is most likely to be recommended by the pediatric dentist in such situations.
The Different Available Types of Crown
Dental crowns for permanent use can be produced with different materials including stainless steel, all forms of metal (such as gold or silver), all resin, porcelain-fused-to-metal or all ceramic.
- Stainless Steel Crowns – They are prefabricated and are used as a temporary measure primarily on permanent teeth. This crown serves as protection for the tooth or the filling while the permanent crown is being crafted from another material. In the cases of little kids, a stainless steel crown is used to fit over a baby tooth which has been prepared for it. The crown protects the tooth from further decay because it covers the entire tooth. As the baby tooth gives way naturally for the permanent tooth to emerge, the crown comes out with it in a natural manner. Generally, crowns made from stainless steel are used for children because they save time to fix and are cost effective as well.
- Metal Crowns – They are made from alloys with a high content of platinum or gold, or base metal alloys (such as cobalt-chromium and nickel-chromium alloys). These crowns withstand chewing forces and biting forces well and are probably the most long-lasting in terms of wear down. They would rarely chip or breakfast well. Their major drawback, however, is their color.
- Porcelain-Fused-to-Metal Crowns – They can be produced to match the color of your teeth. A drawback, however, is that there is more wear to the opposing teeth when compared to metal or resin crowns. The portion of the crown with porcelain component can also break off. They, however, look most like normal teeth, with the exception of all porcelain crowns. If there is gum recession, the metal underneath the porcelain can show.
- All-Resin Dental Crowns – These are the least expensive amongst all crown types. They will, however, wear down with time and they are more likely to get fractured than porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns.
- All-Porcelain or All-Ceramic Dental Crowns – They give off a better natural teeth color match than all the other types of crowns. For people with metal allergies, they are just perfect. They can be placed as a covering for both the back and front teeth.
Procedure for Installation of Dental Crowns Near Me
It takes two separate visits for a complete crown installation procedure. During your initial appointment, your tooth will be examined to determine if it can support a crown, after which it will be filed down to prepare it for the crown. Alternatively, if the tooth is broken or there is severe damage, it may require some filling to ensure it is big enough to receive the crown properly.
After filing or filling of the teeth to the proper shape, an impression of the tooth and those surrounding it will be taken by the dentist and then sent to the dental lab, so that the permanent crown can be designed. At the end of this initial call, you will be given a temporary crown to protect your tooth until the permanent crown becomes ready.
The second visit will be done when your permanent crown has been made ready. Your temporary crown will be taken out after which the new dental crown will be positioned and fastened by the dentist with a special adhesive.
Upon completion of your procedure, you may need some time to get used to it. But once it feels normal in your mouth, you will be able to carry out all the normal teeth functions with it and it will look just like natural teeth.
There are several ways you can continue caring for your crown after your procedure. You should avoid sticky foods such as chewing gum, also you should not bite down on hard food. When flossing, you should slide instead of lifting out the floss so that you do not pull out the temporary crown in the process. You should follow up with discussions with your emergency dentist so that you can ask any questions and further information can be given to you regarding your dental crown.
Our patients love treatment at our locations consistent 5-star ratings across the board.
See what they have to say about our dentists and dental team.
Great Doctor, Great staff.
I had a root canal and a crown done here, the entire process took about an hour. Will be back in 2 weeks for my final crown! Great doctor, great staff.
Very Knowledgeable & Informative
Very knowledgeable and informative, explaining all your x-ray and imagery and in creating a course of treatment. The staff is friendly and definitely concerned with their patients. Comfortable environment.
BEST dentist experience
I am not the biggest fan of the dentist, however this was the BEST dentist experience I have ever had! Everyone was so kind and I got everything I needed done in one visit!
Excellent service. Great first impression! Best cleaning I’ve had in several years, my mouth feels amazing. They even took the time to show me how to brush more effectively. My teeth are back to being pearly white.
Very Prompt & Professional.
They were very prompt and professional. I felt very comfortable in the visit. They have good exam specials without any hidden fees. I have found me a permanent dentist office. Thanks URBN staff.
I Would Recommend To All
URBN Dental provided great service and they were all so nice. They did a great job communicating with me and i would recommend to all.