Same Day Cleaning & General Dentistry Services Houston
We understand that you have a busy schedule, and it is difficult for you to visit our dental office multiple times for your treatment. But we also cannot emphasize enough the importance of regular dental visits. Keeping this in view, we offer same day cleaning and other general dentistry services to minimize the need for visits as well as the treatment time.
Same Day Cleaning
- Why are Teeth Cleanings Necessary? – the most essential requirement for enjoying a beautiful and charming smile is having clean and healthy teeth. While you can maintain good oral hygiene through brushing and flossing, but this is not enough. This is because a toothbrush is sometimes unable to clean through the difficult-to-reach regions of the oral cavity. When this happens, plaque and tartar deposits gradually start forming on your teeth which harden over time. These tartar deposits provide a perfect environment for the growth of bacteria which release toxic substances that can damage the gums.
- How is Teeth Cleaning Done – teeth cleaning is done to prevent the gums and jaw bone from damage. During this procedure, we will use a special ultrasonic scaling instrument. The tip of this instrument vibrates at ultra-sonic frequency and removes adherent plaque deposits from the teeth. To save your time, our dentists will perform this procedure in a single sitting.
- What to Expect after Same Day Cleaning? – after undergoing a professional teeth cleaning procedure, you may feel that your teeth have become slightly sensitive to hot or cold. Don’t worry about it. Simply continue brushing your teeth normally, and this will go away. In some cases, our dentists may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication to reduce the pain and inflammation.
- What Happens when you Don’t Get Teeth Cleaning? – Now this is a scary situation! When you don’t go for professional teeth cleanings, the harmful toxins released from the bacteria attack and destroy the fibers which attach the teeth to the gums and jaw bone. As a result, small “pockets” start to form between the gums and teeth, which further promote food impaction and tartar deposition. Due to the destruction of the gum tissues and fibers, the teeth become loose in their sockets. If this situation is not controlled, the teeth are ultimately lost. This all can be prevented with professional teeth cleaning. You can learn more about teeth cleaning here.
General Dentistry Services
Our primary focus is to prevent dental problems in our patients through timely checkups. However, if you still face any type of dental problem, we offer high quality general dentistry services to restore the function and esthetics of your teeth. Here are some of the general restorative cosmetic dentistry services we are offering. Most of them are single day dentistry services:
- Dental Fillings – if you have a cracked or chipped tooth, we will restore it in a single day with cosmetic fillings. We use resin-based composite filling materials which have the capability to exactly match the color of your teeth. In this way, not only the function of your damaged teeth will be restored, but you will also enjoy a charming and beautiful smile.
- Root Canal Treatment – a root canal procedure becomes necessary when the pulp tissue inside our teeth becomes irreversibly inflamed. This can happen either due to long-standing teeth cavities or due to an accidental exposure caused by trauma. During a root canal procedure, we will drill a small hole in your tooth after local anesthesia, and then remove the inflamed pulp by using special equipment. We will then clean and shape the canals, followed by filling the interior of the tooth with an inert material. Finally, the tooth is restored with a suitable filling. After a few months, a crown is placed over the tooth to prevent its fracture. Generally root canal procedures are completed in 2-3 appointments. However, our dentists can sometimes complete it in a single sitting.
- Dental Crowns – dental crowns are used for restoring grossly damaged or chipped teeth. They are also useful for masking permanent teeth stains and reinforcing teeth after a root canal procedure. We offer different types of dental crowns, depending on the extent of tooth damage and desired aesthetics. Porcelain crowns offer the esthetics combined with good strength and durability.
- Dentures – dentures are removable appliances which rest over the jaw bone and soft-tissues, and take support from the natural teeth adjacent to the gap. After making an impression of your teeth, we will send to the dental lab for fabrication. You will receive your new dentures in about two weeks. Enjoy your brand new smile!
- Teeth Bridges – dental bridges are fixed prostheses which are used for replacing one or more missing natural teeth. A bridge gains support from the adjacent natural teeth or implants by using crowns, or abutments, to which artificial teeth, or the pontics are connected. In comparison to removable dentures, bridges offer superior chewing efficiency, esthetics and durability.
- Dental Implants – an implant is a metallic fixture made of titanium alloys which are surgically inserted into the jaw bone, and they serve the artificial roots of a missing tooth. Once an implant has fully integrated itself within the jaw bone, we will attach a suitable prosthesis over it to replace the missing tooth. Dental implants can be used for replacing a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all teeth missing in a jaw.
You don’t need multiple visit for undergoing general dentistry services. When you visit us, we will make sure that your treatment is completed in a same day cleaning session. We are also open on Saturdays for same day cleaning. This means that you don’t have to avoid dental treatment just because you are busy during the weekdays. Simply book an appointment with us for a Saturday and let us take care of all dental problems. We would love to see you at our office.