How can veneers protect my smile?
Dental veneers are widely considered the best and most effective cosmetic dental solutions for stained, discolored, and crooked teeth. Cosmetic veneers can protect your smile, enhance your smile, and improve your confidence. Dental veneers are essentially tooth-shaped and tooth-colored shells attached to the front face of your teeth to conceal the external surface of your teeth. They conceal all of your cosmetic dental concerns, such as stains, discoloration, cracks, chips, and misalignment issues.
Porcelain veneers essentially replace the external enamel of your teeth, thus offering an external appearance of perfect and uniform teeth. Porcelain is the ideal material for dental veneers because it has the same color, texture, and properties as natural enamel. Like enamel, porcelain is also translucent and reflects light in the same ways, so it looks indistinguishable from natural teeth. Porcelain is also a stain-resistant material because it doesn’t have any pores, so it can’t trap stains and discoloration, so you don’t have to worry about your porcelain veneers getting yellowed with time.
What is the teeth veneers cost?
The cost of teeth veneers depends on numerous factors, including the material (porcelain or composite resin), the shape and size of dental veneers, the location of dental veneers, and the number of dental veneers you need. Some dentists offer discounts if you’re getting veneers for your entire mouth instead of only one or two pieces. The cost of teeth veneers also varies from one dental clinic to the next.
When looking for teeth veneers, you should not focus on affordability and budget-consciousness. The quality of dental veneers depends greatly on the dentist’s skills and artistry. If your dentist isn’t skilled, they may offer dental veneers that look obviously fake. Your teeth may also look too perfect and uniform, which makes them look unreal. For natural results, your dentist must design veneers that look slightly irregular and natural while also matching your facial anatomy and proportions.
If you get cheap dental veneers, you may end up with overly obvious dental veneers that cause added self-consciousness. If you’re concerned about the cost of dental veneers, you can discuss possible payment plans with your dental clinic. Some dental clinics can help you with third-party financing plans that can split the cost of the entire treatment between several no-interest or low-interest monthly payments. Please discuss the details of your teeth veneers cost with your emergency dentist.
What are the benefits of dental veneers?
- Natural Appearance: Dental veneers look completely natural, especially porcelain dental veneers. Porcelain has the same color, texture, and translucent properties as natural enamel, so it’s indistinguishable from natural teeth. Your dentist must also design the dental veneers to match your facial anatomy and color to ensure optimal naturalness.
- Instant Results: Dental veneers provide dramatic and instant results. Once the dental veneers are bonded to the front face of your teeth, your smile instantly looks uniform, bright, and beautiful. You don’t have to wait for several months for the results to appear.
- Multi-Purpose: Dental veneers can address all of your cosmetic concerns at once, including discoloration, misalignment, chips and cracks, gaps between the teeth, and more. Instead of undergoing multiple treatments for each individual concern, you can undergo one dental treatment to address all of your cosmetic goals simultaneously.
- Minimally Invasive: Dental veneers are minimally invasive and safe. The dentist has to simply shave some of the enamel off the front surface of your teeth, which doesn’t cause any pain or discomfort. After shaving off the enamel, the dentist attaches the porcelain veneers to your teeth, thus transforming the external appearance of your smile.
- Hollywood Smile: Have you ever wondered why all of your favorite Hollywood stars seem to have perfect teeth? It’s because a large number of them undergo dental veneer procedures to achieve perfectly straight, uniform, and white teeth. Porcelain veneers allow you to achieve the perfect Hollywood smile.
What are the most common reasons to have veneers replaced?
Porcelain veneers are a permanent treatment. The only way to receive porcelain veneers is to have some of your existing enamel shaved to accommodate the veneers. As such, once you get porcelain veneers, you always need porcelain veneers for your smile. But porcelain veneers don’t last a lifetime. With proper care and maintenance, porcelain veneers generally last for 10 to 15 years, following which they have to be replaced. You need to replace porcelain veneers every 10 to 15 years because of regular wear and tear.
In addition to wear and tear, you may also need to replace porcelain veneers because of damage. If you chip your porcelain veneers, you may need to have them replaced. Porcelain veneers can generally withstand normal bite force, but they can get damaged if you bite hard objects, like ice cubes or hard candy. You should not use your teeth for anything other than eating food — don’t use your teeth to open bottle caps or packages. Furthermore, you should also wear mouthguards while playing contact sports and night guards while sleeping to prevent damage caused by teeth grinding.
The following are some of the reasons why your veneers might get damaged:
- Age-related wear and tear
- Biting hard objects
- Opening bottle caps with teeth
- Bruxism or teeth grinding
- Injuries or trauma
Are veneers for gap teeth permanent?
Dental veneers for gap teeth are permanent. Once you get porcelain veneers to cover the gaps between your teeth, you always need veneers. However, porcelain veneers have a lifespan of 10 to 15 years, following which they have to be removed.
Schedule an appointment to receive a quote for your teeth veneers cost in Houston
Dentist Open on Saturday is a state-of-the-art dental clinic specializing in dental veneers in Houston. Our cosmetic dentists use advanced techniques and artistic insights to curate personalized dental veneer treatment plans. Our goal is to help you achieve the perfect smile without leaving any signs of cosmetic work. Please schedule an appointment to receive a quote for your teeth veneers cost in Houston.